2017 Game Animation
FIRST STEAMWORKS, the 2017 FIRST Robotics Competition game, invites two adventure clubs from an era in which technology relied on steam power to prepare their airships for the ultimate long distance race.
- Build Steam Pressure. Robots collect fuel represented by green balls. They score it in high and low goals in their boiler. As fuel is scored steam pressure in the tank on the alliance’s airship builds – the high goal builds pressure faster than the low goal.
- Start Rotors. Robots retrieve and deliver gears to pilots on their airship who then install them on the appropriate rotor. Once a gear train is complete the rotor can be started.
- Prepare for Flight. Adventure clubs want their robots to climb aboard their airships so they can assist the pilots during the race.
Robots operate independently from preprogrammed instructions for the first 15 seconds.
Adventure clubs score points by:
- Reaching their baseline
- Delivering gears to the airship
- Scoring fuel into the boilers
Operators take control for the final two minutes and fifteen seconds.
Adventure Clubs continue to score points by:
- Collecting and delivering gears to their airship
- Scoring fuel in the boilers
- Climbing the ropes on their airship to prepare for flight
- Populating gear trains to start rotors
- Defending against other Adventure Clubs
The adventure club with the highest score at the end of the match is best prepared for the race and wins.
Teaser and DLC Packs
Be part of the more than 3,400 teams in 2017 comprised of 85,000 students and their adult Mentors from around the world who will prepare to take flight in FIRST® STEAMWORKSSM.
FIRST® Robotics Competition is the ultimate Sport for the Mind,TM where imagination and innovation come together! By combining the excitement of sport and beauty of art with the rigors of science and technology, teams of high school students (ages 14 – 18/grades 9 – 12) are challenged to design a team “brand,” hone teamwork skills, and build and program robots to perform tasks against a field of competitors.
Teams work together and build, program and test robots with the guidance of adult Mentors. Teams then compete with their robots as family and friends cheer from the stands at more than 140 events worldwide – all leading up to the 2017 FIRST® Championships April 19 – 22 in Houston, TX and April 26 – 29 in St. Louis, MO.
Wallpapers | Ringtones | STL Game Logo