Steps to Sign Up
Enrolling as a volunteer in our program is a simple process. For FLL events in Central California, we are using our own custom build management application called TeamConnect. All volunteers must register in TeamConnect.
- If you are new to our area, please create a new account with TeamConnect and complete all required information.
- Once you have activated your account, please click the Sign Up to Volunteer link at the top of the screen.
- Complete the information on this page then click Submit at the bottom of the page.
- Finally, click Manage Volunteer Registrations in the navigation bar and apply for events on the screen.
- Click the “Volunteer” blue button for the event(s) that you want to volunteer for and select the roles in order of preference.
- Some roles require training, be sure to visit the Volunteer Trainings page to complete any training modules.
Note: As apart of the application process, some volunteers will need to use the FIRST VIMS system and fill out information required for an automated background check. More information about the screening process can be found below.
Volunteer Screening Process
CVR is required to perform background checks on all volunteers at our events. We accomplish this by using the VIMS system from FIRST. Volunteers will see a banner like the one shown below (click to enlarge) when VIMS screening is required.
When viewing the banner in TeamConnect, click the links in the banner to view further instructions regarding how to complete the VIMS requirements.
Some volunteers are exempted from the screening process. They are listed below.
School District Employees
Some districts have partnered with CVR to allow their employees to use their District employment to satisfy the fingerprinting requirements. CVR will send volunteer information to districts to validate employment. District Employees will need to submit a Consent and Release Form and Walk-On Volunteer Form through TeamConnect.
To indicate you are a district employee, click the box on the page and select the appropriate district. If your District is not listed, you cannot utilize this exemption and must complete the VIMS screening.
Minors (Age < 18)
Volunteers under the age of 18 do not need to complete any screening requirements.