Steps to Sign Up
Enrolling as a volunteer in our program is a simple process. For FIRST LEGO League events in Central California, we are using our own custom management application called MyCVR. All volunteers must register in MyCVR.
- If you are new to our area, please create a new account with MyCVR and complete all required information.
- Once you have created your account, please click the Volunteer link in the Quick Links section of the Dashboard.
- Complete the information on this page then click Submit at the bottom of the page.
- Click the “Volunteer” blue button (Under Role Applications) for the event(s) that you want to volunteer for and select the roles in order of preference.
- Some roles require training, be sure to view the Trainings and Certifications section to complete any training modules.
Note: As apart of the application process, some volunteers will need to use the FIRST Volunteer Management system and fill out information required for an automated background check. More information about the screening process can be found below.
Volunteer Screening Process
CVR is required to perform background checks on all volunteers at our events. We accomplish this by using the Volunteer Management system from FIRST. Volunteers will see a banner like the one shown below (click to enlarge) when VIMS screening is required.
Follow the instructions on the Volunteer Management page in MyCVR for more details on getting through the screening process.
Some volunteers are exempted from the screening process. They are listed below.
School District Employees
Some districts have partnered with CVR to allow their employees to use their District employment to satisfy the fingerprinting requirements. CVR will send volunteer information to districts to validate employment. District Employees will need to submit a Consent and Release Form and Walk-On Volunteer Form through TeamConnect.
To indicate you are a district employee, click the box on the page and select the appropriate district. If your District is not listed, you cannot utilize this exemption and must complete the VIMS screening.
Minors (Age < 18)
Volunteers under the age of 18 do not need to complete any screening requirements.